Intro paragraph for you to give a quick overview of this recipe, and entice the reader to continue reading because your recipe is fan-freaking-fantastic.
Background content: is this popular at certain times of year? Special holidays?
Use a clear shot of the ingredients for this recipe, prepped, and labeled if necessary. Insert the ingredients into the list below, omitting quantities.
- ingredient 1
- ingredient 2
- ingredient 3
See recipe card for quantities.
Use this section for process shots, alternating between the step and image showing the step. Users don't like seeing process shots cluttering up the recipe card, so include your process shots here.
Combine all spices into a large bowl and mix thoroughly into lean ground beef.
Remember that image SEO is important: file names should reflect the recipe + step they represent, but only use alt text as a screen reader description.
Hint: leave a useful hint here, like let the grill run for 4-5 minutes to burn off any remnants, then clean it. I like to use this bristle-free barbecue brush (affiliate link) for cleaning the grill.
If you know how to make the recipe fit a certain diet, let the reader know here. Don't fake it - only provide guidance on topics you have actual experience with.
- Lettuce - instead of ice berg lettuce, you can use romaine lettuce or spinach
- Bun - use gluten free buns instead of white bread buns to make this gluten free
- Vegetarian - the beef hamburger can be replaced with a plant-based burger to make this vegetarian
Even if your reader doesn't follow a specific diet (eg. gluten free), they may have friends or family that they're cooking for that could use this. This is also a great idea to link out to another blogger with a similar recipe that fits a different diet.
Giving the visitor ideas on how they can change this recipe to better suit their dinner guests, or their cultural cuisine, is a great way to increase the chances they make the recipe
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes while cooking to imbue heat into the dish, or banana peppers
- Deluxe - add guacamole, crispy onions or
- Kid friendly - add crushed potato chips (ketchup chips!)
See this spicy version of this recipe on my website! (placeholder for in-content link)
Equipment can have a big impact on how a recipe turns out. Stone bakeware takes longer to heat up than metal pans, and also retain heat for longer, which could make the recipe more watery, or burnt on the outsides.
Tell your visitors what equipment you use and how to adjust the recipe if they use something different, and link to your affiliate link to purchase the equipment.
Store the wet ingredients (lettuce, tomato, onion) separately from the dry ingredients (buns) in the fridge, and recombine when ready. Good for 2-3 days.
These ingredients don't stand up well to freezing.
Share something here that you think is key to making this recipe well, such as: Don't overcook the burgers! Sear the outside and cook to a minimum internal temperature, but they should still be juicy for best results.
Remove this block, and replace it with the recipe card here
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- This is one step of the instructions
We sometimes take for a granted that we have years (or decades) of cooking experience, that the average visitor may not. Add to, or remove from, the list below with health and safety tips.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
Before publishing, complete this checklist, deleting the list items as you complete them:
- All images have alt tags
- Content is on-topic (minimal or no personal stories)
- Yoast meta description filled out (best practice)
- Featured image has been set (1200x1200)
- Hidden pin has been set
- Check your recipe schema has been fully filled out at https://search.google.com/test/rich-results (after publishing)
- Check https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ to make sure this recipe has enough content above-the-fold to cause images to lazyload (after publishing)
- Clarify any intermediate or advanced cooking techniques - not everybody has your experience and knows how to mash garlic, mince onions, or dice potatoes